Thursday, May 3, 2012

And here goes nothing!!! Or maybe, a BIG something!

Hey ya'll!
Yep, that's right, I said "ya'll". I'm a southern girl, born and raised in North Alabama for almost all of my 31 years on this earth. Don't get me wrong, I have gotten out of here and traveled, seen new and exciting things but, Alabama is and always will be HOME!
Now, on to more important things. I'm starting this blog because I want to put myself out into the world. I want to meet new people, experience new things, offer advice and opinions and receive the advice and opinions of my peers.
I have an associates degree in nursing but, for the last 3 years, I have been a stay at home mother to my 2 beautiful angels. In the last year I've gone through a divorce and met the most amazing man on the face of the planet! Through all of the changes and struggles I've decided what's important for my family and myself is that no matter what, we are going to live happily and never waste another second on the things that don't matter.
Also, during the last year, I have rekindled my love affair with all things beauty/fashion! In my younger years I was one of the most "prissy" girls you'd find. I wouldn't even go to the mail box without having my makeup and hair just right. If there was a new beauty product I thought I couldn't live without, I'd blow my allowance or paycheck on it! My friends always wanted me to fix their hair, do their makeup or help them pick out new products for themselves. I was headed for a career in cosmetology when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. I was 20 when she passed away. It was then that I decided to go into nursing. Fast-forward a few years, 2 kids and a failed marriage later... beauty went out the window a long time ago. Well, guess what... it's back! I've learned that no matter what, if you feel like you look good, you feel good and it only takes a few simple steps to accentuate the beauty in each of us. I do believe however, that true beauty starts within a person.
If you've stuck with me this far, thank you! You're gonna be in for an interesting journey! I plan on doing tutorials, reviews, rants and raves, who knows! I'm just excited to be able to help others and to be back to doing something that I love and that makes me feel good about myself.
Ok, enough rambling, tomorrow is going to be a busy and exciting day! I'm going to do my first review of some of the new products that I have been trying out lately!
Good night and sweet dreams!
Mela

No comments:

Post a Comment