Friday, May 4, 2012

Review: Maybelline New York, Color Tattoo By Eyestudio, 24hr cream gel eyeshadow

Hi guys!
I'm working on several reviews today! So excited! I'm going to start out with the Maybelline New York, Color Tattoo By Eye Studio, 24hr cream gel eye shadows. I have been using these since I found them in February and I LOVE them! I have 8 of the 10 available colors and as soon as I can find the other 2 I will be purchasing them. These come in .14 oz glass pots. They glide on smoothly, don't cake up or flake when they're dry even after several hours of wear, will absolutely last for as long as you need to be looking beautiful and they don't feel heavy or uncomfortable. They have super-saturated color and blend well with other shadows. To top it off, they're relatively inexpensive! That's always a plus! You can get them online from Maybelline for about $6.99 each and I think it may have been about the same when I purchased them at Wal-Mart. These are also easy to use and I would recommend them for just about anyone. The colors are bold and intense so, you can create a ton of amazing looks.

Colors I have:
05 Too Cool - A very pretty and basic metallic white. Provides excellent coverage for either a base color or a highlight.

20 Painted Purple - This one is a medium shade of purple. Not too light, not too dark. It is metallic and as far as I can tell the shimmer in it is almost a hot pink. It can also be used as a base or highlight color.

25 Bad to the Bronze - Super reflective and perfectly pigmented! This is one of my faves! It looks like a fresh bronze statue. It is oh so metallic and would be a perfect color for just about every skin tone!

30 Pomegranate Punk - This is a beautiful deep rose color with gold metallic flakes. It does go on very dark and dramatic. For myself, I try to be very careful with it or, I think I look scary. This is one that you're just gonna have to try for yourself as I don't think it's for everyone. I am still happy with it though!

35 Tough as Taupe - A straight to the point almost matte taupe. It's very pretty! Has just the smallest amount of metallic shine. Goes on beautifully for either a base or a highlight.

40 Tenacious Teal - Wow!!! That's all I can say! This one is my favorite and I LOVE it!!! It is just the most beautiful and intense aqua/teal color I have ever used. It is super bright and full of silver metallic. I love to use this with a beautiful gold and black to really make my brown eyes brighter! I think that I will do either a video or a picture tutorial with this color. The picture on Maybelline's website with this color is amazing also. It really makes the models blue eyes come to life. I will link to their site below.

45 Bold Gold - Finally, a true golden color! It's just beautiful! Very shinny and bright! Super-saturated gold with tons of reflective metallic! To me, it seems that the metallic in it may be shades of rose, green and gold. It just depends on how you look at it in the light. I do love this shade and it looks excellent with dark brown eyes, like mine, and I think it would look great on just about everyone!

50 Edgy Emerald - This one is an amazing light green with a lot of darker green metallic! It's absolutely gorgeous but, to me, it seems more like a darker jade color. It looks amazing with brown eyes also and can be used for either a base or a highlight.

Colors I don't have:
10 Fierce and Tangy - This one is an amazing orange color! They're always sold out when I try to go buy it and they're even sold out online right now! :( I will get it one of these days! I hope!

15 Audacious Asphalt - I think this one is a darker gray or charcoal color. I'd really love to have it also but, once again, they're always sold out when I go to check. I think it's in-stock on Maybelline's site so, I may go order it.


Well, there you have it. That's my review of the new Color Tattoo shadows by Maybelline. All in all, they're amazing and I would recommend them to everyone! You get more than what you pay for as far as I am concerned! Excellent quality and a good amount of product. Also, before I forget, these can be applied with either your finger or a makeup brush. They do not do well with the sponge tipped applicators if you ask me. I hope ya'll enjoyed this review! There's plenty more to come and I really can't wait to get pictures/videos and tutorials up! Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Mela

Maybelline's Site where the shadows can be purchased or viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment